Senior Product Development ScientistThann, France
Niveau d'études :
de Bac + 8 ou plus au minimum à Bac + 8 ou plus au maximum
de Expérimenté (6-10 ans) au minimum à Expert (> 10 ans) au maximum
Description du poste
- Driving the execution of the R&D strategy of the Specialty Chemicals Tronox business Developing new formulations and recipes of specialty TiO2 products for various applications
- Developing a deep understanding of our processes to ensure the highest quality of manufactured products.
- Actively participating in the process of development of new products including the early stages of development, scale-up, industrialization, and technology implementation when required.
- Playing a key role as a representative of R&D in cross functional teams (R&D, Marketing, process team, manufacturing) in specific projects.
- Preparing reports and oral presentations and presenting results to peers, senior leaders as well as customers when appropriate
- Supervising and mentoring of Technicians running standard routine testing and ensuring quality results, ensuring all test procedures are conducted in compliance with all relevant safety, health,and environment regulations.
- Evaluating and driving external collaborations with potential partners
- Ensuring the technology survey and literature search in application areas of nanoparticle and specialty TiO2 products
- Evaluating techniques and equipments suitable for product development and customer qualification. You will apply and justify modifications to bring up improvements in productivity and in data generation.
- 10 years of experience in positions with increased responsibility
- A deep knowledge in the synthesis and in the applications of TiO2 or similar inorganic materials
- A familiarity with the development of specialty inorganic materials, or alternatively knowledge and experience of one or more of the following: o colloidal chemistry and the deposition of inorganic and organic coatings on colloidal particles o Metal oxide synthesis and processing. o Hydrothermal synthesis processes
- A good knowledge of the latest materials in relevant market such as electronics, energy storage or catalysis applications, testing and analytical techniques with an understanding of inorganic material characterization techniques.
- An Innovative approach with regard to introducing new concepts and methods to work processes.
- A good knowledge of health and safety procedures generally in relation to laboratory and plant chemical operations and a sense of how regulatory rules impact work functions.
- The ability to work equally well as part of a team or independently and also to lead a team to the completion of a task.
- Strong verbal communication skills, written and verbally in English
- French communication skills will be a plus.
- Takeoff date: to be communicate
- Rocket launch site: Thann (68) – France
- Other informations : Tronox offers a competitive salary, group insurances with pension scheme and health insurance.